Friday, November 02, 2007

In Memory of Kit


It's been 4 years now since Kit passed away. Hard to believe, I don't know where the time goes.

After he was gone and we went through his stuff (which was interesting) his mom told me to pick something out for myself to remember Kit. I took a few things, mainly just things that I had given him, but the one thing I wanted was his boots. Kit lived and worked in his boots. He was never a slippers and housecoat kind of guy. He always wore work boots because he was a working kind of guy.

I took them home and put some tiny little hens and chicks in them...they've done rather well don't you think?

I miss Kit and still never pass a work crew on the highway wearing bright orange vests without thinking of a little man who always wore a safety vest. He was a great guy and taught me some valuable lessons in life.

Here's to you Bud.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you did great with the boots. to you Kit.