Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!!!

Another year is quickly coming to an end and once again I am amazed at just how fast time flies. It’s hard to imagine that 2008 is almost over and we’re quickly approaching 2009. With all of its joys and sorrows, challenges and defeats, life marches on, sometimes at a quicker pace than we want.


News and Reviews:


In January my step-father Paul moved to Victoria to an Extended Care facility there to be closer to his family who are better able to care for him having him close by. It was getting more and more challenging for my mom to look after him and although it was a hard decision for her to make it’s proven to be the right one. We go over to the island to visit him every 6 weeks or so and his face still lights up when my mom walks into the room.




We celebrated milestone birthdays around our house this year with Chris turning 40 and me turning 50 (how did THAT happen!)
We flew to San Diego, had a fabulous time there, although far too short, and then cruised home. The trip was a lot of fun and a great way to celebrate.




I was able to buy my very first brand new car this year which was very exciting for me! I don’t change cars very often – this is only my 5th car in 30+ years of driving.




My mom celebrated her 82nd birthday in July and we had a fabulous brunch with John’s kids who always are delightful to be around. The darling Alaia will soon be 5 and continues to be the sweetheart of the family.






This summer I was able to spend a week in Hawaii by myself and spent most of my week just hanging out on the roof top lanai and swimming pool, visiting good friends and remembering why I love Hawaii.



The 4 legged kids around here are as lively as ever and keep us entertained and loved on a daily basis.






I didn’t get to spend too much time up at the cottage this year but did manage to go up on the tree-cutting weekend and help clean up all the logs and debris. Because of the pine beetle most of our trees have to come down which has been a sad reality for us and it has really changed the look of the place.




I’m enjoying my job as a Handy DART driver and find it quite rewarding. There are new challenges ahead in the new year with new management and union contracts but I look forward to continuing as a driver for people with disabilities and seniors.


Last year I made a renewed commitment to find a church closer to home and a year later am quite happy to have made the change. It’s not the church of my childhood but it is a warm and accepting church and for that I’m thankful.


Friends are always important to me both in real life and blog land. Thank you for your friendship. May God bless each and every one of you with good health, and a whole lot of happiness!

No comments: