Saturday, February 06, 2010

Today I went to the Memorial Service of my co-worker Jeff C. He was a couple of years older than me, nice guy, married 27 years with 2 great kids. He took good care of himself, exercised, did yoga every morning. He was a philosopher and lover of books. He wrote Haiku and won Haiku writing contests.

There was a great turn-out of people supporting the family, both family and friends. I counted at least 25 co-workers there. The Pastor asked us all to raise our hands, I was proud that so many people took time out of their schedules to attend.

Jeff got sick very quickly. He was diagnosed with a rare heart disease in Sept and it made him weak and incompacitated and hospitalized. Not the way he wanted to spend the end of his life.

So much of our lives is spent working, doing, fulfilling our duties we forget to take time to live.

Live well, laugh often, love much is a phrase we have in different parts of our home. I look at it every morning in my bathroom. Life's too short to be unhappy I always say.

Here's to you Jeff. Go in peace.

No comments: