Friday, January 14, 2011

Benson


Our sweet little boy Benson had (what we think) a seizure last night. He was curled up in bed with Chris and I was in the office when all of a sudden I heard her yelling my name. I went running into the bedroom and saw him all curled up and rigid. He was completely out of it. I have witnessed many people seizures and after effects so what I saw with Benson made me think this was a seizure.

Chris went into the kitchen to find a phone to call an emergency vet and I held Benson. He began moving his head and looking around and licking his lips. As I held him he began moving again and wanting to get off the bed.

He walked around looking quite lost for about half an hour and not acting like himself. Finally we all went back to bed and he curled up between us and went to sleep.

This morning he seems like his old self, quiet and gentle little Ben. He's a tender hearted cat and easily scared.

Pets are wonderful additions to our home and it's hard to watch any one of them suffer. Say a prayer for Benson today ok? Thanks.

5 comments:

Simlpy Angie Marie said...

I will say a prayer for Benson.

barb said...

Poor fella :( I hope he is his old self today. When our cats had their seizures, they were full on convulsing, peed themselves, foamed at the mouth...VERY scary. I hope this was a one time thing for Benson...hugs and kisses from Uncle Barb

Jane said...

Benson looks like a sweetie. I hope he's ok!

Alex Washoe said...

My thoughts are with you and Benson. I lost my beloved canine friend Roscoe this past summer and I still miss him every day. I hope Benson is well and with you for a long time.

Entertainment Zone said...

Cute little thing.. :)
Hope is alright..