Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lost in Translation


Yesterday I got an email from a cousin in Holland asking about my mom's health. I had to laugh. I had written a cousin from the other side of the family to let my dad's side know what was up with BB. The only contact I have there is with my aunt who doesn't speak any English. My cousin was nice enough to write her a note.

My aunt was of course wanting more information so knowing her son speaks some English, got him to write me.

What I received was..."we hear it is difficult for Tante B who has fallen. Also she is now mentally retarded."

Not quite what I was thinking.......yesterday Chris went on her own to visit her. BB told her all about the orchards she was planting. Gotta love her. I appreciate Chris visiting her though and spending time with her.

No comments: