Sunday, October 21, 2007

Get Outta Town


It's been a wet, miserable week and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to a week's vacation. I love taking short vacations every few months and I especially love going to the beach.

This past week I had a few reminders of how blessed I am. I hope I never take things for granted. I am so thankful for good health and God's blessings on my life. I have had my challenges in the past and have learned from them.

Friday night I picked up a bus load of Hallowe'en dancers - full of excitement still buzzing from the fun they'd had at their dance. I know this group well and have driven them home many times. One of them, S. is a social butterfly and always fills me in on the latest scoop around town in the land of people with disabilities. She's also told me she doesn't have seizures anymore and has repeated that to me many times.

Friday night S. was on my bus with her friends and had a seizure. I felt so bad for her but was so impressed with her friends on the bus who all encouraged her. I was thankful for the training I've had working with people who have seizures, it came in handy.

I love working with people who give you directions to their home like "my house is the one with all the trees in front" or "you know where I live right?" When I tell them I do they tell me "that's good because I don't".

Have a good week, peace out cub scout.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture. Do you think that really happened. I know people like that. Heck I'm related to them. val