Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hawaii No Ka Oi


This week has been full of thunder storms, rain and lots of cloudy weather mixed with a little bit of sunshine. It's weeks like these I miss living in the tropics. Although the last trip my mom and I took in Feb'06 it rained continuously on Oahu we still have hopes of going back and trying one more time.

My mom is losing her eyesight and she'd really like to SEE Hawaii one more time. Who knows....another trip might happen this winter. Because of my step-father being in a care facility and my mom taking care of him daily it's hard to plan anything. He may get moved to a place closer to his own family and then my mom will be on her own again. We may just get to Hawaii again.

This weekend is my College/Church Reunion of my Hawaii days at International College and Church. I went to a similar reunion in October '05. I didn't feel the same call to go to this one, it's held in New Mexico. A lot cheaper than Hawaii and easier to get to for most of the folks attending. My thoughts are with them.

I guess it's a time of reminiscing and reflecting on days gone by. I love Hawaii and the island lifestyle. I love watching "Dog the Bounty Hunter" because it shows real life in Hawaii. Yet the years go by and my life is good.

No comments: