Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Years!




As in our usual tradition of 'we're too tired to stay up so late' we called it a night at 10:30. I worked an essential services run yesterday so came home at 7. We enjoyed appies and wine, then a movie about young love (ah, young love) and hit the sheets. I'd say 'hit the hay' but we all know I don't do country.

Chris and I talked last night about our life together and how blessed we are. Who knew 7 years ago that we would be here today? In this place, at this time? No one but our Heavenly Father who designed the whole thing in the first place.

We have a wonderful life together, we bring out the best in each other, and are very much alike in some things and different in others and aren't we glad about that. Chris is my rock and I very much appreciate all that she does for me. She supports my decisions and although her opinion may be different than mine, she still stands by me and helps me through it.

I'm Chris's biggest fan. She needs to be challenged (on account of those big brains of hers) and I encourage her to go for it. She's not one to grow complacent and just accept life in a box. That's me.

Here's to 2010. May it be the best year ever!

Oh, and the strike is over, can we all shout Hallelujah! 10 Weeks! Over!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a really cool picture. glad your strike is over. glad you're happy and that you have a rock in your life. i have a rock in my life too but right at this very moment, he's really pissing me off. happy new year, friend.