Sunday, April 18, 2010

My Favorite Blog


Yesterday we did something spontaneous and drove to Seattle to meet the Pioneer Woman in person. I've been reading her blog for the past few years and love it. It's always entertaining and often educational.





PW is a crazy kinda person, lots of personality and full of life. She also is a wonderful cook and photographer. Last year she wrote her own cookbook full of recipes that she illustrated herself.







I bought a copy of her cookbook to give to my friend for Christmas. But because she always has a lame excuse as to why she's too busy to get together she has yet to receive her cookbook. BUT because I am such a great friend I put all bitterness aside and brought her book with me, it's just been gathering dust on my bookshelf anyways and had it signed by PW so that whenever my friend DOES have time to see me she will get her own personally autographed cookbook by PW. Maybe when she reads this (cuz I know she reads my blog) she'll reconsider some of those lame excuses. Ahem.









We got to the bookstore at 1:00 just to get a ticket to come back at 5:00. It was really well-organized. You picked up a ticket for each book you wanted signed and it had a letter on it. When they called out your letter you got in line then and only then giving you lots of time to look around, have something to eat, etc.








When PW walked in she was accompanied by her oldest daughter and her mother-in-law. Her daughter is as tall as me but a lot sweeter. She was happy to roam around the store and talk to people. She wore the coolest boots so she showed them to us when I asked her to. Very accommodating, like I said, she's sweet.



So NOW I'm off to pick up my mom and head to Hawaii tomorrow!...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky you got to meet PW! I'd love to meet her someday too.

PS. I do hope your friend reads your post so she can see what a good friend you are!

AKA Jane Random said...

I've been reading your blog for an hour now - I'll do anything to avoid the housework! You are a great writer! I just got back from a signing of the Pioneer Woman's - here is my blog about it:
http://akajanerandom.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting.html