Thursday, May 05, 2011


Life just seems to be moving so fast these days. I can't keep up. BB had another fall and now has a giant goose egg on the back of her head. She isn't sleeping at night so they've put her in a private room hoping that the quietness will give her some peace. She's very restless and has a hard time making sentences make sense at all. They've diagnosed her with Alzheimers so she's getting medication for that.

I'm now looking at putting her on a list to get to a facility closer to my home. She has always wanted to stay in Abbotsford where she has lived the past 27 years because she loves it there and has a wide social network. But now she doesn't seem to know any of her friends or recognize that they have visited.

Now it's time to let go of her apartment and close that chapter of her life. Very sad.
I'm not sure what the next step should be. Oh Lord, give me wisdom.

No comments: