Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas

Christmas is not a time nor a season, but a state of mind. To cherish peace and goodwill, to be plenteous in mercy, is to have the real spirit of Christmas. -- Calvin Coolidge

We're off bright and early tomorrow morning for 100 Mile House. Pray for good travelling weather and safety on the roads.

It's been busy around here celebrating with each other and with friends. Last night we dropped off the boys and had a wonderful Christmas celebration with our good friends. Tonight we drop off Maggie and celebrate with another friend.

I'm truly blessed with many good friends. They come from all different walks of life, some I've met through work, some through church, some through other people and it's amazing to me how God brings people in our lives for reasons.

Years ago I went to Bible College in Hawaii and made lots of friends. Over the years I've lost touch with people as we've moved and not exchanged new addresses and I'm really down to a handful of people that I still correspond with. One of them still lives in Hawaii and I've seen her many times over the years as I've visited. I've invited Becky several times to come to Vancouver and let me show her some Canadian hospitality but she hardly ever leaves the island.

Just last week Chris and I were talking about going on vacation in the Spring. Her boss had told her they were putting on a freeze on vacation time in Feb and March so she asked if she could have days off in January. He said Jan 10 - 22.

Chris came home and starting punching in dates for different places. We talked about Cuba, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Hawaii. Do we go all inclusive, do we go somewhere neither one of us has ever been before? She played around with different web sites looking at hotels and airfares. All of a sudden I heard her say, "wow Hawaii is really cheap for airfare only". The dates were perfect, Jan 11 - 21, it fit right in the days she has off. The deal was too good to pass up and we had to book it the next morning.

I contacted my friend Becky in Hawaii and told her we were coming. Well, guess what? The person who hardly ever leaves 'the rock' is going on vacation to CA almost the exact dates we're going to be there and offered us her place! How cool is that!

It always amazes me how God works out the details for us so effortlessly.

I'm abundantly blessed.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

onedayatatime said...

WOW! That sounds like fun! Bring some sunshine home for the rest of us :)

Anonymous said...

Wowser. How cool is that. valerie