Saturday, December 16, 2006

Merry Christmas 2006!!!


This is officially my first Christmas Blog so welcome! We have come so far in this technology of ours. I’m so old I can remember learning to type on a manual typewriter.

Year in Review:


We started off the year on a sad note having to put down Chris’s beloved cat Bryce. She had been his mom for 9 years and it’s always so hard to lose a pet. He had a lot of personality and won me over to ‘cat world’.



Last Christmas my mom asked me if I’d like to go to Hawaii with her this year and we went in February. Unfortunately the weather was the worst I’ve ever experienced in the tropics and for the first time ever I came home without a sun tan. Much to my dismay. However, we did have some good Mother and Daughter bonding time and spent some quality time doing what we do best, shopping and eating. It was a fun week away.

In April John’s kids and my mom and I got together in White Rock to remember John and spend some time together at the beach. It was great to see them again and to see what fine young people they’ve become. Derek wasn’t able to make it but I caught up with him a week later in Vancouver at the café where he was working. Josh is busy at the Ad Co. he works for while freelancing as well. His wife Gina had 2 hip replacements this year and both have been successful. Hopefully she’ll stay healthy now. They’ve sure had their share of trials but have come through amazingly well and strong. Niki is finishing her degree in Tourism and Hospitality and is a great mom to 2 year old Alaia.

My step-father Paul had a stroke at Easter time which left him with a sore shoulder and lots of aches and pains. He’s no longer driving so he’s had a few adjustments to make in his daily routine.

We spent a lot of time at our cottage this summer because of some unexpected time off for both Chris and I. Chris had some medical issues this summer and was on leave for a few months. She’s back to good health now and we’re thankful for that.

I fell down the stairs after finishing my Handy Dart shift the end of July and what started out as a sprained ankle turned into a bad bone chip which took months to heal. Because of that I wore an air cast for 2 months, had 4 weeks of Physiotherapy and another 6 weeks of strengthening and exercising at the Rehab Program. I finally returned to work Nov 12 and happy to be back driving around town. I’ve decided not to go back to the group home for the time being anyways.

In July my mom celebrated her 80th Birthday at a restaurant joined by Paul and his kids, Ralph & Lalani from Kamloops, Niki & Alaia, , Chris and Me. It was a great time and we all enjoyed ourselves. We later enjoyed a train trip to Whistler for the day.

In September we came home with 2 baby boy kittens! What a lot of fun and energy they have. They’re absolutely charming and Maggie has welcomed her little brothers Benson and Bailey with a lot of grace.

I’d like to remember my brother John who passed away December 15, 2004 and my dad on December 12, 1989. I miss them both very much and as December rolls around it’s always a bittersweet time. The years help to heal the hole left behind and I know they’re both with the Lord which is far better.

Who knows what a year will bring except the Lord and I’m glad He’s the One in charge, I sure couldn’t do it. I’m very blessed with good friends and a loving home I share with Chris, Maggie and our bundles of energy Benson and Bailey.


Merry Christmas and God’s richest blessings on you and yours in 2007!

No comments: