Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I've Always Wanted to Learn Another Language

Just for the record, I can speak some Dutch and understand a lot of it (when the unsuspecting relatives don't have a clue) but I've always wanted to speak another language. So...here's my first lesson in Chinese. It's going rather well don't you think?

LEARN CHINESE IN 5 MINUTES

Say the words out loud.

That's not right..........................Sum Ting Wong
Are you harboring a fugitive? ............Hu Yu Hai Ding
See me ASAP...............................Kum Hia Nao
Small Horse...............................Tai Ni Po Ni
Did you go to the Beach?..................Wai Yu So Tan
I think you need a face lift..............Chin Tu Fat
It's very dark in here....................Wao So Dim
I thought you were on a diet..............Wai Yu Mun Ching
This is a tow away zone..................,No Pah King
Our meeting is next week..................Wai Yu Kum Nao
Staying out of sight......................Lei Ying Lo
He's cleaning his automobile..............Wa Shing Ka
Your body odor is offensive...............Yu Stin Ki Pu

In other news...the car is STILL NOT FIXED!!!

May 9 people. It's been broken since May 9,

what date is it today????

ya, that's what I thought.

2 comments:

Valerie Dykstra said...

sorry about the car. dah re lah suks. ok, that turned out really pathetic. but I thought your Chinese lesson was great. Amazing how it sounded so Chinese, eh? Great.

Anonymous said...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=467985&in_page_id=1770

loving whippets, i thought of you when i read this.
val