Friday, August 29, 2008


It's been a quiet week around here...not a lot going on. Isn't it supposed to be summer though? I've been wearing jeans and a jacket to work at night, aren't I supposed to be wearing shorts? Yikes! Not impressed people!

We're off to the cottage bright and early tomorrow morning (yawn). I haven't been there very much this year so I'm looking forward to it. Maggie is very excited. It is HER place after all, she just lets us use it, as in, drive her back and forth.

Next week my cousins from Holland will be here for a few days. They'll have seen the Rockies by then and will have a cuzillion pics to show us. They've been here before and stayed with us for a week. Well seasoned travellers and a joy to have in our home. Because I grew up without any extended family around I really enjoy my time with relatives.

Have a safe and peaceful long weekend. Happy Labour Day or Labor Day for you 'mericans. By the way, that Barack is some speaker. What a fabulous speech! I was very impressed. Having a robot in leadership in Canada pales by comparison.

3 comments:

barb said...

LOL! Have a blast at the "cottage" this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great time at the cottage. It is so nice of Maggie to allow you to drive her back and forth and to stay in the cottage with her :) Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy Long Weekend to you too. Did you know I never really heard the expression "long weekend" till I moved here. BTW, Gordon didn't grow up with any extended family around either. Have a great time at Mag's cottage. Give her a t-bone from me, eh? val