Friday, August 22, 2008

The Olympics

I love watching the Olympics. Love them. I watch sports that I would never otherwise watch just because, well, it's the Olympics and we have a Canadian participating! Like who knew we had a Gold medalist woman wrestler from a small town in BC before the Olympics? Not me! Good on her!

I'm absolutely fascinated with diving. I can't imagine spinning around that many times in such a short period of time heading downwards all at the same time. Unless I was a gymnast of course, then it would seem easy. Easy peasy. Like running across the floor and all of a sudden springing in the air and somersaulting oh about 2 and a half times before landing on my 2 feet and not hopping. hopping bad.

It looks so easy when you're sitting on your couch with your remote in your hand doesn't it? Of course I think there should be Olympics for the Common Person as well. Things that I can relate to. Like remote control flipping between channels for example. Laundry is another. Like how fast can you switch clothes from the washer to the dryer? It's an art in our household. Or making a bed.

Whatever the sport, I am a big supporter. I also love the Special Olympics. Now THAT is fun. I drive a group back and forth to SO practice on Thursday nights and they're good. Every week they tell me that. J, I was GOOD tonight. I'm never sure if that relates to distance or speed or behavior.

It's all good. In the hood. Back to the Olympics. As you were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I envy people who watch the Olympics. It sounds so fun to sit as a family and watch the Olympics. Every four years that I wish I had tv. v