Thursday, December 17, 2009

Weekend in Courtney


Last weekend we took off for a spa weekend on the island. It was wonderful. I mean really, how can you go wrong with a massage upon arrival, a fabulous dinner afterwards, a cat who walked you back and forth between buildings and then a dip in the hot tub?


We took an early ferry so we weren't rushed driving up there. We were able to check in early and then had time to relax before getting massages. Sounds like an oxy-moron doesn't it? "Wait, I have to unwind so I can get massaged."



There was a fabulous restaurant in between the two hotels so we didn't have to get in the car and drive anywhere which always makes it nicer when you're 'on holiday'.




Sunday we enjoyed making breaky in our own suite and then heading south along the
coastal highway.



I had never been to Coombs, famous for its goats on the roof, so we stopped in there. It was such a cool place to visit. Too cool for the goats to be out but still I can imagine them there in the summer.



Lots of shops to browse in and reminders of VW John everywhere with all the tees.




We met lots of nice people and ate lots of great food and saw a lot of beautiful country along the ocean which is where as we all know, my heart leaps with joy.

I'm so grateful for Chris who lifts up my spirits when I'm falling and thinks of fun things to do. I don't know what I'd do without her.

1 comment:

Barb Stingl said...

I looks like you gals had a relaxing time away :) Chris is such a blessing in your life ;) Looking forward to seeing after Christmas :)