Tuesday, February 27, 2007

7 Years Ago


7 Years ago today I smoked my last cigarette. I was a pretty heavy smoker for a number of years. Quitting smoking was one of THE hardest things I have ever done. I couldn't have done it without the patch which I wore the full 10 weeks. There were times that I would rub the daylights out of it trying to get that little extra out of it.
The first 2 weeks were horrible. I had to keep constantly busy. I have never showered so often in my life. It seemed I always felt itchy. I played my guitar constantly trying to keep my hands busy. I couldn't pick up a phone to call anyone because that always went along with smoking.
There are times that I still miss having a cigarette, but those times are less. I'm very glad that I quit although I've put on a great deal of weight since. Addiction is such a hard disease but a real sense of victory comes when you're able to overcome something. I always said if I can do it, anybody can.

2 comments:

onedayatatime said...

WOW! Seven years already!!! Good for you!!! That's awesome! You need to celebrate!!!! I think some Timmy's is in order :)

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary. You've done a good thing. Valerie