Friday, May 09, 2008

Turnin' 50!



We're going to Harrison Hot Springs to celebrate my 50th Birthday, along with Bad Betty of course. I can't believe I ever got to be this old. I don't know how it happened. Time has a way of slipping past us and the years go by.



Sometimes life feels like the same ole' same ole' but all in all its pretty good. I have someone in my life I love very much, I have good health, I have a job I enjoy, I have great friends, and a really great Mom.




We'll enjoy some time in the hot springs pools (LOVE THEM) and some time browsing around town and we'll eat at this restaurant (because we always do) (it's yummy) and we'll drive around the other side of this lake.



It's a predictable weekend but as a child my happiest moments were going to HHS with my mom and dad.

When I was around 12 I was this awkward gawky kid who just didn't seem to fit anywhere. Too old to play with the kids and too young to hand with the cool teenagers. One day my dad said, "why don't just the 2 of us go to HHS for the day?"

So we did. We drove to town and rented carts and pedalled around town. Then we rented a paddle boat and paddled in the lake. Just for fun.



Because I was born on Mother's Day it's always been a special day for my mom and me. The story I've always been told was that when they called my dad from the hospital to tell him he had a baby girl he jumped 2 feet in the air, grabbed his jacket and ran out the door yelling to my brothers to go and stay at the neighbors. They were 5 and 6. Little twerps.

Anyways...50 years later, Dad's gone. One of the twerps is gone and mom and me are still celebrating our special day together.

3 comments:

Valerie Dykstra said...

Precious. Happy Birthday.

barb said...

Happy Birthday, my best buddy! I feel blessed that God has allowed us this awesome friendship! I never told you this before, but you are like an older, and wiser big sister to me. Even though there are 20 some years between us, that never really matters.... ;) I pray that this year is even BETTER for you than last year!

Ruth Eliz said...

Belated Happy Birthdays to you both. Thankful that God's presence is always with us!