Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hawaii No Ka Oi


I had a fabulous week in Hawaii. Althought it was short, it was a good one! I visited with friends and enjoyed that as always as well as spending a lot of time on Becky's rooftop lanai. I soooooooooo love it up there, 37th floor, fabulous view and a warm pool to swim in. I went up there several times a day and even took my portable DVD player up one night and sat in the darkness and watched a movie.


One morning I woke up early, the sun was shining so I thought why don't I just take a drive over to the North Shore. It was beautiful. It's a whole different world over there and I haven't been on that side of the island's beach in a long time.

The one thing about being on vacation by yourself is that you don't get any photos with you in them. As I'm usually the photographer on every trip I take anyways I'm used to it.
However, by my last night in Hawaii I thought I'd ask someone to take my pic so here it is. Diamond Head in the background.



I enjoyed seeing old friends...Mrs. A has been my Hawaiian Mama for over 30 years now and always treats me to lunch at the country club. They make the best iced tea everrrr.


Some other friends and I spent a day together just hanging out and swimming in the pool and talking and laughing and eating. Such good times.



It's time to say goodbye to Hawaii once again, I never know when the next opportunity will come for me to go again. It's a piece of my heart, where I live and breathe and feel at home.

Aloha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Lovely place, eh? v