Sunday, June 15, 2008


So, I'm off to Hawaii once again.

Tonight I was at some people's house who were celebrating birthdays and it was great to be there. Some people from church who had invited me (us) over for their celebration. They were turning 45 and 70 years old!

I had no idea they were 25 years apart, they seemed similiar in ages and spirits. It was a nice night spent with friends I know and others I met tonight.

When I was there I was sitting with someone that I knew 20 years ago, in another lifetime. Isn't it amazing how people we knew years ago "pop up". I sat and talked to her for awhile, things keep coming up up, how we worked together and our lives are connected by people we have in common, etc.

So she asked 'what are you doing tomorrow? maybe we 'll have lunch"

I was almost embarrassed by my reply..."well I'm actually off to Hawaii tomorrow"

Egads! It revoked a response like...how? what?

But to me...it's going home. A place in the tropics that I know. I can remember a time when I knew the streets of Honolulu better than I knew Vancouver. It's not something that a lot of people understand.

Honolulu is something that I know. I feel at home there. It's as comfortable to me as getting on a bus to Vancouver. It's hard to explain that to people.

So for now...it's good. I won't be gone long...and I'll be back to work soon. After all, its being blessed with a job that I love that pays these bills. And yes, I do pay my bills and I do work.

All's good in the hood. Peace out cub scout. Later skater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get there myself someday. I love the little "I love Hawaii" thingy - written in sand. How cute is that? v