Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Ocean


I am one of the fortunate people in the world that live a stone's throw away from the beach. OK, a little more than a stone's throw but still pretty darn close. I have always loved the ocean. It calms me, soothes my soul, keeps me grounded (can water do that?) and is a theme of decorating around my house. I love everything connected to the ocean - underwater life...........coral reefs, rocky reefs, marine life, sail boats, light houses, sea shells, lots and lots of sea shells.

I have seen a little bit of the ocean. The Pacific ocean that is. Having grown up on the west coast and travelled down the coast as far as San Diego and living on Oahu surrounded by ocean, you'd think I'd have had my share. Not true.

This morning I drove out to the beach closest to my house just to get my "ahhhhhhh" . I am always in awe of the ocean, how it never looks the same twice.


Off the coast of San Diego.



One of my favorite spots to hang out...the Oregon coast.



Of course, Hawaii..............the best of all coast lines.

Now you can go about your day having had your oceanic fix. You're welcome.

4 comments:

Poetic Painter said...

What a pretty sight...lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures. I'm like you, water is grounding for me. That's why I am still trying to get my pond in before fall. So I can have my own little therapy place.

Anonymous said...

very beautiful

barb said...

I'm with you on that. I LOVE the ocean as well :)