Wednesday, September 03, 2008

It's All About Family


For the past few days we've been enjoying a visit with my cousins from Holland. I cherish these times as I can count on one hand the number of times I've visited with any extended family. I've always been so envious of people who grew up with family all around them. I've watched friends just be so casual about family dropping by like it's no big thing. For me it's a very big thing. Because my mom is my only link to Holland I have to keep the communication open between me and my cousins.

These are 2 of my faves, Barend and Rennie. They're seasoned travellers, well-organized and easy to have around. They laugh alot and express their love quite openly towards me and Chris and for each other. Barend speaks English very well so he interprets for everyone and makes the conversation flow. I wish I could speak Dutch as well as he speaks not only Dutch but English, French, German, and a smattering of some more languages.

We enjoyed a beautiful dinner out with them at one of our favorite places. They loved the food and the ambience as well. Our pets love them and watch their every move, especially the packing of the suitcases. I'm sad to see them go. Now it's our turn to go to Holland. hmmmmm, you never know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun. enjoy it all. have you been to the netherlands? v