Friday, September 26, 2008

Today I was at the Mall and they had the Cops Fighting Cancer riding through the mall on their bikes and motorcyles. As I was about to leave the grocery store the security guys came over and asked everyone to stay where they were because the bikes were going to be coming through. As they started their procession people began to applaud and kept up the applause as they rode by. It really was quite a sight.


As the last motorcyle went by the tears were flowing down my cheek and I cried for everyone who's lost someone to cancer. I don't know of anybody who isn't affected by the disease. So many of my clients have cancer and so many friends............and so on and so on.




I took a moment to remember my friend Joy who passed away just last summer with cancer. She'd had it twice. The first time in her breasts and the second time it was leukemia. She lived an amazing life of love and devotion to people with disabilities. I still can't believe sometimes that she's gone. I've been going through old cards and photos this week while tidying up stuff and I came across a note she had written me.


My friend Barb fights it on a daily basis and while I witness her struggles I'm always amazed at her courage and her fight to live a 'normal' life.


So take a moment today to remember someone you know with cancer. I do not know what it's like to have the disease and I can't say that I understand how someone feels but I do know that I care.

No comments: