Monday, October 06, 2008

All good in the hood


This is what I feel like most of the time...I'm not sure when old age crept up on me...when DID THAT HAPPEN??? Anyways...........here I am on the other side of 50. I used to be a 'techie' kinda person, the one who came over to people's houses and hooked up their VCR's because they didn't have a clue, the one that explained the answering machine to her mother, who taught her how to use an ATM. Where did that person go?
So here I am....this morning I had fun hanging out with some of the peeps from Church. They are a fun bunch! Lots of laughs and getting to know a few people a little better. I'm really liking these peeps. They're not all wound up about 'stuff'. They like us. They really do!
My shift has changed so I'm picking up different people on my run and I'm liking that. No more pothold man, can you say Amen to that? Amen!
Our contract ends the end of the year with our current employer so there are changes ahead. We've been taken over by an American company who specialize in transportation so we're hoping for good things.
Things are good around the house. Chris is busy with her Theology course and being challenged with that so that's good for her. She needs to be challenged. I don't. I get intimidated by challenge.
BB is keeping herself busy with her many church groups she attends. She seems to go to church on every other day of the week besides Sunday. We need to take a trip to the island to see Paul soon as we haven't been for awhile. He doesn't seem to realize that sometimes though. He calls my mom and tells her how nice it was that she came and spent the day with him. A lot cheaper for sure!
Peace out cub scout...............laters

1 comment:

Valerie Dykstra said...

Glad to hear an update. Sounds like life is good. :0)