Wednesday, January 03, 2007

It's been a busy week of driving the DART around town. The thing I really enjoy about the job is meeting different people all the time. Today was one of those days. I met a lady at the Hospital who owned a motel in Surrey. Her and her husband have owned it since 1972. She told me they'll never retire because they enjoy their lives so much. I thought 'what a change - to hear of someone who's happy with their life'. So many people have so many complaints, especially when you're picking them up from medical appointments. Here she was, getting her stitches out from a knee replacement and she was telling me what a great life she had.

At the end of my day I picked up a lady in a scooter who told me she was 53 and had MS. We chatted all the way to her place and she told me about all the good things in her life.

I'm amazed at how different we all are, how God created us all so individually. So often we get defeated by what life has dealt us and yet a day comes along when I'm surrounded by people who are thankful for what they have and it's a pleasure to hear their words and listen to their stories.

No comments: