Sunday, January 28, 2007

It's a Good Life


This time last week we were getting ready to leave Hawaii. A flurry of housekeeping, packing of suitcases, last minute checks of tickets, luggage, carry-on do's and don'ts, waiting for shuttle bus, it all happened so fast. Before we knew it we were on a plane heading home.
I always go through a time of adjustment when I leave my beautiful island. Every time I get on the plane going home I ask God, why? Why can't I live here all the time? I love it so much.

I have my life here and it's a good life. I'm very blessed in so many ways. Sure there have been rough times and times I'd rather forget and that really bad time in the 90's when I lost everything and felt my life was over, but these days my life is good.
I'm glad to be home again. It's been a busy week, I've worked every day and then some OT on top of the day but I still have a little part in my heart that will always miss Hawaii until the next visit.

I'm glad that I got to show Chris some of it, my favorite places to eat, places we used to hang out in college days, beaches we suntanned at, it all seems so long ago now. A different life.
So, back to work this week and everyday life. Have a good week everyone and take time to appreciate the ones you love.

2 comments:

onedayatatime said...

Maybe one day, you and I will take a trip to Hawaii :)It looks so beautiful there. Looking forward to seeing you today, feels like it's been forever.

Anonymous said...

I've never been but my hubby is itchin' to take me there. I just want the kids a little older before I go so far away. In my money-laden-make-believe world, there's enough moola for the whole family to go.