Monday, February 18, 2008

Enjoying the view


We had a great weekend and managed to shake the head cold, thank you very much. After my head pretty much exploded on Thursday somehow I managed to get it all back together by Sunday so we went to Church.

Isn't it amazing how people from your past pop up? This has been happening to me a lot lately it seems and I wonder what the purpose is behind it. I don't know if I need to know, I just wonder.

Yesterday we sat in a different section of the church as we haven't attended there regularly enough to have our row paid for and you better not sit in my seat attitude. That'll come later I'm sure. You know the type.

Anyways this lady sat behind us and during the meet and greet shook my hand and we looked at each other and both said "I know you from somewhere". Back to the service, about face, and I'm still wondering how I know her. I guess she was too because as soon as the service was over she started talking to me again.

First we found out that our friends D and S actually know her sister J, so that was met with "well it's a small world isn't it" and then the lightbulb went off and I asked her if she had worked for a ministry I had worked for in the 80's, Boom! Yes she had, for several years and then remembered me from that time.

Too funny. You just never know who you're going to run into...so 20 years from now when you see me hobbling down the street with my cane you can say "Oh look! it's her from the blog! I know her!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Someone will say, "Aren't you the bozo that stole my pew? Go to hell." -- Yeah I know those types. Back in my younger days, every single vacation I went on for several years, I ran into someone I knew. Even in Hong Kong, go figure. And once in Florida, I came out of a restaurant and the mayor of my hometown had left a note on my windshield. (I had a personalized license so he knew it was me.) I was struck by just how small the world is and no matter where you are, you better be good because you don't know who's watching and who'll tell your mother. Eh?