Monday, February 11, 2008

Sometimes................

It seems that weeks go by without a whole lot going on that's of any interest. I think I lead a really dull life. I guess I could write about my tales on the DART but I'm far too lazy for that. Although sometimes it would give me something to blog about.

Like the time last week I went to pick up a client from the Sikh Temple, I'd picked her up before, she was wearing a brown sari and brown shawl, grey hair put back in a bun, so when I pulled up I looked to my left and thought 'oh there she is.' I jumped out of the bus, held out my arm and walked her to my bus. She smiled at me and said thank you very much and went to get into a car.

I was surprised and said something like 'oh, you're not going home with me today' and she laughed and pointed to where we had just walked from There on the curb stood a lady dressed in brown, brown shawl, grey hair tied in a bun just laughing her head off. I had walked the wrong lady to my bus and they all enjoyed the joke.

Around the house it's the same ole same ole.............we work, we eat, we sleep, we laugh, play with the animals, but it's all good in the hood.

Had brunch with my friend Jennifer on the weekend. She just turned 60 in January so we finally made plans to get together and get caught up. That's always fun, Jen and I used to work together in a group home. She still works there 8 years later. Last year she brought WD over (shown here in photo) who turned 60. Lookin' good!

Last week I got together with friends I used to work with at IM in the 90's. The company closed down in '97 but we still get together once or twice a year for dinner and a few laughs. There've been divorces, deaths, births, all shared with friends.

Anyways.........that's life in my neck of the woods (just where did that expression come from anyways).

Have a great week everyone. Remember: Safety First.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know all about the lack of blog fodder. I'm kind of on brain overload with my new job. So much to process. But I love it and am thankful for it. Until things get squared away in my noggin, I may not be updating much myself. Nice to have friends to connect to. I wouldn't know :-)) v