Saturday, January 31, 2009


What goes around comes around. I'm not sure about the word KARMA but I did have someone on my bus express that recently.

It has been a rather trying week. It seems that whatever ideas we have had as drivers about customer service are being tried. We no longer have time to care about our clients, just get them there. If they're not ready to go, we wait 5 minutes and we're gone. It doesn't matter if they're on their way downstairs and move a bit slower, gone. it's so sad. I feel like giving up. I've really enjoyed this job and now, not so much. The clients aren't happy and based on last night's Union meeting it's easy to see how defeated the drivers are feeling.

Anyways...........................apart from that life goes on. I don't know where this will all lead but it's strangely reminiscent of a job I worked at years ago that i loved that was taken over/sold to another kind of people who thought nothing of letting go all of its top people with no hesitation. I had a breakdown around that time and it was very hard to maintain any kind of normalcy.

I hope the weeks ahead will be better and that we all just will learn to get along. it's time for a change for everyone. Good and bad. Happy and sad.

1 comment:

Valerie Dykstra said...

Things don't sound too good over there. I hope you have a good union. Pretty sad that customer service is being sabotaged especially since the customers are weak and vulnerable to begin with. I hope you are able to be a sane presence in the chaos.