Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A Little Acid?

Today I picked up a lady on my bus named "J". J is a mental health client with let's say, "issues". She attends a drop-in place sometimes in the afternoons and rides the bus there and back. It's a place for people with similiar issues. Basically a really easy place to work unless someone goes off their meds.

J got on the bus and is her usual habit, proceeded to tell me all of her aches and pains. It varies from trip to trip. Today it was her ulcer. It acted up 3 months ago and the Dr. put her on meds and she thinks she's all better now and wants the Dr. to tell her that she's right. She won't actually make an appt. to see the Dr., she'll just tag along the next time her husband goes and sees his Dr. and get an opinion as they're being shoved out the door.

She told me all about her symptoms and having had ulcers in the past I could sympathize with her so I was listening attentively. She said something about staying away from alcohol and I said that was probably a good idea and then she said "oh, and juice too". With that in mind, I said, "Right, acid isn't good for you."

To my surprise, the conversation suddenly switched and J said, "Oh no, I only did acid once or twice, I've always preferred pot".

Did I miss something?

That was my chuckle for today. Always a good laugh dart'n.

2 comments:

Valerie Dykstra said...

Gordon used to drive bus. Once a lady stood beside him telling him in great detail about her yeast infection. Horrible! It takes all kinds, eh?
I just got home from your neck of the woods. It was a wonderful vacation. I don't know many people out your way, so I found myself looking for your face in populated areas. You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl. I was always amused when I found myself looking for you. As if?

onedayatatime said...

LOL!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!