Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oregon 2007



For several years I took a trip by myself to see my friend Cindy in Springfield, Oregon and then would head to the coast and drive up to Seaside. It's an absolutely beautiful trip and I looked forward to it every year. Not just to visit with an old friend but to see the beauty of the ocean and miles and miles of beach that the coast has to offer.

It has been a few years since I've done the trip and this year I was determined to make the effort and go for it. I wasn't disappointed. Cindy's now moved into a house of her and her kids are grown up but we continued our friendship right where we left off. It's always been a comfortable kind of friendship...years ago we were roommates at College in Hawaii. Then she stayed and married a couple of times and had some kids and I moved on but we stayed in touch and we still are the best of friends.

The coast as always is spectacular and I love spending time in Seaside. It's growing and has a lot of new construction and full of people on holidays. A wonderful place just to sit by the ocean and enjoy the view.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! are those ever gorgeous pictures. i'd love to go there all. v