Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Weekend With Bad Betty

Ever see the movie "Weekend at Bernie's"? hmmm, it looked a little familiar this weekend when my mom (aka Bad Betty) came up to the cottage with us. I couldn't put my finger on it at first but it finally came to me.
When we were in town I saw a great mug for Chris, (aka Queen of Duct Tape). Chris is of the belief that duct tape will be the thing that holds the world together.
She's also the one in the family with the "fix-it" skills. Amazing woman that she is, she tackles the leaks under the sink single-handedly, armed only with a flashlight.
I'm more of the thinking type...when I get a wave of ambition I sit down and think about it until it passes. That's me, always thinking.
It was a fun weekend and we were able to order the materials for our new roof. Yippee! That'll be a big project but one that will last us the rest of our lives.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are going to do your roof yourselves? Now that's impressive. v

Jones said...

well, with a little help from Chris' dad, no, make that he's doing the work! we're actually just going to watch...haha and hire him some help. we're more of the supervisory types.

onedayatatime said...

You go, lumberjack girls!!!!!! LOL!