Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hawaii in Photos


This past week has been full of yucky weather, it's either snowed or rained so I've decided I need to post more photos of Hawaii.

Doesn't the word Hawaii just make you think of warm tropical beaches? Beautiful flowers, the sights, the smells.................ahhhh, feels like home to me.


My friend Becky has always been special to me. Becky has lived in Hawaii since she was 15 years old. Her mom and dad are in their 80's and still live in Waikiki. Becky's dog is named Tiger, she rescued him in May so this was the first time that I got to see him.

Becky and I have been friends for 30 years but our Moms had never met so for the first time the 4 of us went out for dinner. We all had a great time.


Ok, back to flowers. I love the poinsiettas and how they grow like hedges there. The first year I lived there the house where I lived had a driveway lined with poinsettas.


An interesting thing we did this visit was go on a tour of Shangra La. It was the home of Doris Duke. She imported things from around the world to make it her very own. You can't photograph inside the home but this is what her back yard looks like.

Another special person in my life is Mrs. A. She was our College Receptionist and she took her job very seriously. Some students were scared of her. Not me, I grew up with a Dutch Mother. Now, all these years later she tells me I've been like a daughter to her.


I keep telling Chris, "You can never take enough pictures of palm trees." Especially with a new camera to try out. I took pics in the sun, and in the shade. Palm trees. I can never get enough.


So there you have it...don't you feel a little better have shared a little of Hawaii with me? Here's a Bird of Paradise just for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pics are great. i wish i were there RIGHT now. v