Saturday, December 22, 2007


Last night Chris and I were eating at one of our favorite restaurants and talking to the owner as she came by our table to chit chat. She's a really nice person and very easy to engage in conversation. She's recently sold the restaurant and plans on moving to a smaller community to have a better quality of life.

We were sharing that one of the best gifts we had gotten this Christmas were things our friend had chosen for us out of the World Vision Catalogue. I got mosquito nets for kids in Africa and Chris got water for a village.

We are so blessed. About 10 years ago my life was so different. I'd had a serious break down and pretty much lost everything. At that time I reached out to the Salvation Army and asked for help and they gave it to me. I had nothing to give, absolutely nothing except my piano playing on Sunday mornings.

Now I pass the Sally Ann kettles and am reminded of how much those kettles helped me in time of need. I ate many meals at the Soup kitchen and was blessed by the warmth of the people who served. I can't walk past a kettle without plunking in something. It reminds me never to judge people in need. I don't know their stories, they don't know mine.

My life is very different now and I am extremely thankful. I never want to take it for granted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all have a story. I sure never knew this about you. Wow. You've come a long way Baby. I'm glad life is better now. But isn't it beautiful how God uses those crappy times and brings good out of them. Praise God, eh? Merry Christmas and many happy returns.xoxo