Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Never Enough Palm Trees


We had a great week in Hawaii...just got back this morning. It rained a little here and there and a couple of times it rained a whole lot but the other times were sunny and good sun tanning weather. We did a lot of walking and bus riding and eating and laughing and visiting with friends. It was a really nice time.

One of the fun things was looking at all the Christmas ornaments and decorations around town. There were lots of big Christmas trees all decorated on the streets.

I had forgotten that the poinsettas grow like hedges there and people line their driveways with rows of them at Christmas time. They also grow to be very large and often different shades of red.

We had a lot of fun people watching and just taking our time sitting and eating by the beach. I told my mom that we need to do this every year until she can't do it anymore. She still walks faster than I do...will I ever keep up with her?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ir sounds so WONDERFUL. Not just the beauty and warmth, but the quality time with Bad Betty. I vote for an annual trip for you two. v