Friday, November 03, 2006

Here's a Good Reason For Moms to Wear Glasses on the Back of Their Heads

When I was a kid my mother always told me she had eyes in the back of her head. I think it's something moms learn at "Mom School". You know, that place where they learn all the phrases like "quit yer cryin' or I'll give you something to cry about" or "when I was a kid we had to walk X amount of miles in the snow, (insert bad road conditions here)", those sorts of things.

One year for Mother's Day we wrapped up a pair of glasses and gave them to my mom and said, "well now that you're wearing glasses on the front of your head, you'll be needing them in the back too". My mom wore them all day.

1 comment:

onedayatatime said...

Yup, I got those phrases from my mom too. She ALWAYS knew what we were into :)