Sunday, November 05, 2006

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'


Yesterday when Chris got up she immediately went to the computer to research where to buy new winter boots. This is the difference between us. I would go to a mall and wander around, maybe sip a cool drink, if I didn't find what I wanted I'd go home probably with something else. No, not Chris. We must find these boots. They must be tested to a temperature of at least -40. She searched the Net and called around and located the best of the best.

We found boots. We had to go to North Vancouver. For Surrey girls, that's a long ways. But they're beautiful. They have thermal inserts that will keep us warm and cozy in the cold harsh winters if we get stuck in the snow between here and the cottage. Last year I went to the cottage in the winter one time. This year I have boots so hopefully it will be more than once. Stay tuned to this blog to hear of the glove buying adventure. Riveting newsbreaking story. You won't want to miss it.

Last night we went out for dinner at a fave restaurant and saw the movie about the Dixie Chicks. Interesting movie and good to see. I think seeing it in Canada would be different than seeing it in the south. I can't imagine the audience breaking out into applause in some small town in the deep south but they sure did here. Good for us. We know what's right. Go girls!

No comments: