Monday, May 14, 2007

Compliments Anyone?


After I pulled into the bus garage today my boss came out to greet me and said, "I need to tell you something. Wait for me upstairs."

My heart was pounding, I was reviewing my day, did I tick anybody off? did I hit somebody's car and not know? what did I do wrong? All these negative thoughts were racing through my head.

I went upstairs and waited for her, only to have her walk into her office and say, "oh here it is, the piece of paper I'm looking for".

"A lady you picked up last week called me to compliment you and tell what a pleasure it was to have a ride home with you last week." Whew!

Certainly made my day. I think it's important to commend people when they do a good job, especially in customer service.

2 comments:

onedayatatime said...

Whew!!!!! And who WOULDN'T like riding your bus??? Bet you are the nicest driver, EVER :)

Valerie Dykstra said...

kudos to you for a commendation. so often i think "i should call his supervisor to compliment him" but i don't. this made me want to more.