Saturday, May 12, 2007

Another Paul Story...

After the lecture about keeping our voices down in the restaurant my mother says..."now I don't want Paul to have to pay for all of your lunches so how about if we all give Ralph our lunch money and when the bill comes Ralph can pay for it". Yes, we were all adults when she said this.

So after lunch and all the niceties were over, we had all behaved well, nobody threw anything at anybody, no food was flung, no burps were made, no punches were thrown...the bill came. Paul pulls out his wallet and says. "how about if I treat you all"..

My mother gasped and glared at Ralph who was a little slower on the wallet draw. Ralph quickly recovered and said "No, Paul I'll get it". Paul insisted and after bantering back and forth finally said. "well how about if we go Dutch?"

Ralph looked around at all the Dutchies sitting at the table and said "How much more Dutch can you go?"

My dad always told me...you ain't much if you ain't dutch. Welcome to the Dutchies Paul!

1 comment:

onedayatatime said...

That is TOO funny! LOL!