Friday, May 11, 2007

It's My Birthday!!!


Even at this age (which is very, very, very old) I still get excited when it's my birthday and today's the day!!!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood and I've already been surprised this morning by the beautiful gift of a white gold/yellow gold anklet! It's fabulous and so is the person who gave it to me. I'm so spoiled.

We're heading out for lunch with P & BB, a combo birthday/Mother's Day lunch in a nice restaurant with white table cloths and orders "not to spill anything" by the Grand Matriarch, aka Bad Betty.

Which reminds me of a story....

Years ago (1998) my mom was falling in love (at the age of 72) with a certain gentleman named Paul. A fine man, well mannered, well groomed, and very well dressed with a big shiny car.

The Mother called her 3 children and announced that her and Paul would be getting married and she wanted Paul to meet the 3 of us (just to see what he was getting into). The 3 of us showed up on time to her apartment where we were given instructions.

By this time we were all in our 40's/50's and we were lined up on the couch like we were 6 and a finger pointed in our face, just like the old days! "You kids be nice to Paul, be polite and keep your voices down in the restaurant". Sheesh Mom!

Anyways, here we are in 2007, P & BB have been married for 8 years and all is well in my little world.

And it's my birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. My mom still tells us to put our best feet forward if we're going to meet her friends. She doesn't worry about us doing something foolish if were alone, just if it's the whole group of us, which of course is when we are at our foolish-est. Family, you gotta love 'em (or hate 'em). :-) val