Wednesday, February 25, 2009


Actually this should say "proud DRIVER of the short bus"

What a night! First one of my clients was (as they say in the group home) incontinent on his seat...........ya, translate that for yourself. The other word we used to have to write in our daily log was "void". To this day, whenever I write a "void" cheque for PAC I still think of that and shudder.

I asked all of my clients at my next stop "Please don't sit in this seat, it's wet". Of course somebody had to ask "How did the seat get so wet?" I replied.,"How does your seat get wet when you sit down"? Yup, she got it. Smarty pants.

THEN.....it started snowing. Big ole chunks of the white stuff coming down. Of course it was my night to drive the guy out to timbucktoo in the blizzard. Of course! Along the way, big chunks of ice were forming on my windshield and I could hardly see. But good ole R. He kept encouraging me.........'i'm goin' home, i'm goin' home,' Yup, you sure are R. just as soon as this freakin' blizzard lets up. BUT we got him home. Safety first. Always.

So.....................then it was time to head back to the Hospital for dialysis clients (essential services don'tcha know) and along the way..........well, apparently SOME people didn't notice it was just a wee bit slippery and they crashed into each other. Go figure. So there went my last break of the evening, but I got to the hospital and they all got on board and I'm here to tell you they all got home safe.

What is with this winter anyhow?

Can I go to Hawaii soon? Puhleeze??????????????

No comments: