Tuesday, February 10, 2009


So on Sunday we were signed up to be greeters at church. It was something we were asked if we would like to do. I said we would and got Chris to agree to do it, somewhat reluctantly but she still showed up all showered and dressed. We came with a willing heart and gee, first thing on a Sunday morning, what more do you want?

We read our list of things to know and do before hand but still got there a few minutes late because Chris couldn't find her good watch. Not that she doesn't have 5 other ones to wear, but you know how it is, you want to look your best and you need your good watch to do that.

When we got there I went up to a lady handing out bulletins and asked her where she'd like me to stand to greet/give out bulletins.

She just looked at me and said, "we don't need any more people". Oh! Excccuuuuuuse me! THEN she asked me if we had 'just signed ourselves up because people do that'. Yikes!

So..............we didn't hand out bulletins but we did help take up the offering. And we did it cheerfully. Cause that's what we do.

Next Sunday? We're off to the Outlet Mall in Seattle cause we do that really really well! I bet they'll be glad to see us!

2 comments:

Valerie Dykstra said...

That lady really irritates me. I'm sure I know her. :-) I would never say it out loud, but in my head I'd have said something very very rude. And yes, some of God's people really annoy me. I'm sure you pleased God with your joy and willingness to serve.

barb said...

Hope you had better luck with the shopping, than with the greeting ;)