Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tales from the DART side


anyhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was picking up a lady from the mall this afternoon...............minding my own business, doing what I'm supposed to be doin' - as she was getting on my bus another lady (from who knows where) poked her head through my doors as they were closing and asked, "how do people get to use this service?" I opened my doors a little and said, "you need to call our office to book a ride". SHE said, "my husband has dementia, how can I book him on your bus" I SAID "call the office" and THEN she asked, "is that the number on the side of your bus?" Of course I said!

Ya, the number on the side of my bus is advertising for a law firm. It has nothing to do with booking a ride.

AND THEN (you thought that was all didn't you?) about 10 minutes later I had dropped off the lady I had picked up and on my way out of her complex I couldn't get past the gate. I waited and waited and waited while the gate went back and forth and back and forth........well you get the idea. While the gate was going back and forth a car was blocking the entrance with its door wide open and the engine running.

At first I thought the driver had gotten out and was trying to look up a number on the directory and waiting to get buzzed in. Wrong! It was a driver who for some reason had jumped out of her car, left it running, the door wide open and ran down the street. Like, I was supposed to know that!

Anyways....................after the gate opened and closed one more time (just because it was so much fun) I got out of my bus and went and closed the door of the car because a) closing the door meant I could go past the car and b) well there is no b.

I no sooner closed the car door when I heard this yelling "I told you not to close my F*&*(&*& door!" "My f&*(&*&*&*(&**$* door is locked"

Well, then, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, an irate person came up to her car, slammed her fists on the hood and yelled f*((k just one more time), tried her passenger door, and then (Guess what?) tried her driver side and it opened! Just like that!

Well, didn't she look..............um dumb? and THEN the lady who had asked me for the DART # who copied down who knows whose number appeared! She came in behind the lady who was swearing her head off at me because I had closed her door so that I could get past her and get on with my work.

The irate lady started yelling at me. "I'm going to report you" she said in her big girl voice.

The lady behind her (who had written down the phone # off the side of my bus) came and stood beside her and said, "yeah, I have the number" meaning she had some number from some advertising off the side of my bus. Ya, I'm scared.

So I said as quietly and meekly as I could without busting a gut laughing........" talk to her she has the number!" and off I drove.

I really really hope this story is as funny as I've tried to write. I won't forget this one for a really long time!

2 comments:

Valerie Dykstra said...

ok. so now there's two more people i have to add to my "don't like" list. sheesh, will it never end?

a good story. unbelievable true to life too.

barb said...

It WAS funny! LOL! I can JUST picture the whole thing! LOL!