Friday, February 27, 2009

The Good Ole Days



Today I picked up a young guy from his place of employment. His client info reads that he is 'mentally challenged' so that's how I'd describe him. He was friendly and started a conversation with me. He asked me my name and how long I'd been driving the DART and so on. I would've guessed him to be about 25 at the very most. But he looks more like 18.

We talked about his work and how the guys bug him and I gave him some advice as to how to handle them..............'shake it off'. I'm big on advice, ya that's me all right.

Just before I reach his house he leans forward, puts his head in his hands and says "J. I miss the good ole days". I wanted to chuckle.....can you imagine? So I asked him what he missed and he said. "oh you know, running and playing and riding my bike", stuff like that.

After I told him that I too miss the 'good ole days' sometimes as well I asked him how old he was. "23". So I said...'yeah, by 23 you really start missing the good ole days.'

It made me smile for the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awhh. that's sweet.