Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!!


Thanksgiving is a time of reflection for me. I am truly blessed and very thankful for all that I have been given. There's so much to be thankful it's hard to know where to start but I will write a few thoughts.
First I'm thankful for being raised in a Christian home with parents that loved God and raised us as followers of Jesus Christ. It was a solid foundation on which to build lives. My parents were hard working immigrants from Holland and gave us all a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and pride.
I'm thankful for where my life is today. I haven't always had an easy ride. But through it all God has been faithful. It's been almost 10 years since I had my breakdown which caused me to be incompacitated for almost 2 years, losing whatever material possessions I had and forcing me into bankruptcy.
I'm thankful for my home and with whom I live today. We're a peaceful fun loving family and it's a joy to come home every day. I'm thankful for a warm nice place to live, knowing that so many in our world don't have anything close to what I have. I never want to take it for granted and feel even more blessed having a second home to retreat to. A home in the country surrounded by God's magnificent beauty, a quiet place to rest and relax.

I'm thankful for my mom who's healthy and fit at 80. I'm thankful to have a step-father who loves me as his own daughter, who knows that I was loved very much by own father. I knew my father's love could never be replaced when he passed away but Paul has done an outstanding job of 'filling in the gap'. I'm thankful for the memory of my brother John and for the 3 beautiful children he raised. I'm thankful for my big brother Ralph who makes me laugh.
I'm thankful for friends and for what they add to my life. I always know who to call when I need a laugh, who's there for comfort when I need a shoulder to cry on, who to call for shopping advice, everyone has their role and I appreciate them all.
I thank God everyday for a new day. Sometimes I say "Good Morning Lord" and sometimes it's "Good Lord It's Morning" but it's always a good day when we put our hope and trust in Him,
Great is His Faithfulness.

No comments: