Thursday, October 12, 2006

Whistler Mountaineer


This past Sunday our family went on a train trip to Whistler on the Whistler Mountaineer. It was something my mom wanted for her birthday so that's what my brother Ralph and I gave her. It was a great day!

Ralph picked up Mom and Paul and I met them along the way and we headed to North Vancouver to catch the train. It was pouring rain as we headed out but once we got past West Vancouver the sun broke through and it turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day.

It's been years since my Mom had been in Whistler so Ralph and her took off for a tour around town once we got there.

Paul's not as quick on his feet and I'm not up to doing a lot of walking yet so Paul and I went for lunch and it was fabulous.

On the train we were visited by a bear! Of course my mom couldn't resist a photo op. My brother also told everyone it was her 100th Birthday instead of her 80th so she could be told how good she looks, you gotta love my bro. He also told people we were her grandchildren. We're always good for a laugh.

The scenery is breath taking and has to be seen to be believed. We live in such a beautiful province. It was a great day and I'm glad we all had such a good time.

2 comments:

onedayatatime said...

That sounds and looks amazing! Your mom is SO cute!!!!!! I bet you guys spent a lot of the day laughing :) It's nice to see a current pic of your bro. I notice where is your sis-in-law? Did she miss out in the fun?

Grad007 said...

Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!