Monday, September 04, 2006

Cottage in the Caribou


We're home again, safe and sound. We had a fabulous time away, so relaxing and peaceful. The dogs were wonderful and had a lot of fun chasing balls and going for walks.

We feel so blessed to have a place to retreat to and don't ever want to take it for granted.

The only work we really did was completely clean out the big rock garden. It was a big job and I couldn't have done it on one foot. Chris did all the heavy work, digging and pulling up all the weeds and I did my best to clear it all away.

We took Christine's car up and it worked great until we were packed and ready to leave. Every ounce of the car was jam-packed and we're about to take off when Chris takes one last look around and sees we have a flat tire, yikes!

We had to completely unpack the trunk to get the spare out, changed the tire and headed home very carefully. Good for us that the tire shop in Lone Butte was open on the long weekend and the guy was able to fix the flat.

It was very smoky on the way home and in a lot of places it was hard to see anything at all in the distance. Turns out it's from the forest fire in WA. It seemed to be a lot closer than that.

Now we're home and I've just been to the Dr. for my 2 week check-up on my ankle. I start physio this week and hopefully in about 3 weeks will be back to work. It's been a blessing in a way, I got some unexpected time off with pay.

More dog sitting the next two weeks taking care of my friend Jennifer's dog Shima, a German Shepherd puppy.

3 comments:

onedayatatime said...

WELCOME HOME!!!!!! I'm glad you had such a nice relaxing time!!! I have LOTS of chocolate to share with you :)

Jones said...

cooool...i'll be in touch

Valerie Dykstra said...

Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always fun to "meet" another in Bloggerville. I think I'll post a "How I came to Canada" story soon. I'll have to think about it some. The short answer is I married a Canadian. I lifted the praying dog picture from your blog. Someone sent it to me a long time ago, but I misplaced it. I absolutely love the picture and am nearly positive it's a relative of my Lucy. :-)